Coach | Teen Ink

Coach

By ringer BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
ringer BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Just dropped from the 2020 olympics is wrestling. what more do I have to work for. A lot of what many young wrestlers are thinking. But before I can even ask myself that question my friend, my coach, and my teacher Jeremy Miller has the answer. he comes into the room that day with not the plan of telling us there's more to it than the olympics but he informs us we can't let everything we have done go to waste.

thats one thing you could always count on coach for not letting you get down on yourself. when your having the worst day of your life hes there to pick you up and get your mind back on track. he was a best friend and would listen to any of you problems, like the day after my friend had passed away. He was there and ready to listen. just the feeling you had someone to go to.

Not only was he there if you had problems but he was there to get you out of them too. My brother was always getting in trouble but he was always there trying to get him on the right path, most teachers blow off a drug addict or think less of them but he saw the good in him and was always there to help. he didn't just want the “a” student to succeed he wanted everyone too, even the drug addict

To me it seemed like the first time a teacher has actually cared about all of their students not just the good ones. but if you were struggling he was there to help with study sessions even after practices he was always pushing you to be the better person. but the main reason I am nominating Jeremy Miller for educator of the year is because he brought me back to the sport of wrestling got my head on straight and showed he cared he is the reason I will be wrestling in college.