Life Changing Teacher | Teen Ink

Life Changing Teacher

February 25, 2013
By jasline chandler BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas
jasline chandler BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Coming into grade school reading and writing was hard for me. By fifthe grade my teachers found out I was dyslexic, which is when letters or numbers are flip, but also I was very smart. So everyday I would make my way to Mrs. Cody. She help me on something that is in every body's life. She help me to control my dyslexia so I could read and write like everyone else.


The first time I ever saw I her I could remember her golden hair and welcoming smile ,she wasn't very tall or heavy set. I always felt welcomed when I came into her room. When she teach she made sure theat I understood and related to thee way learned, also she did theis for everyone else. As thee year went on my reading improved by thee minute.


Coming into middle school Mrs. Cody help me on all my test and made sure I was comfortable in my classes. As I walked into 6the grade I challenged my self by taking Pre-Ap. From Mrs. Cody helping me the classes wasn't hard. Every time I got my report card a was making A's and B's. I was always proud to see my grades. All though my middle school I saw Mrs. Cody less and less ,because my reading was approving so much. By the end of all three years of middle school my grades were A's and B's.


Walking into high school for the first time. I was scared that the classes were going to be hard ,but Mrs. Cody made sure that I would be able to go take any classes I wanted to do without any problems. She made sure all my classes were not to hard were I couldn't read or write. Since me and Mrs.
Cody didn't see each other as much. We still stayed in touch. She always asked when my games where so she could come.

Mrs. Cody had to be the best teacher to help me in life. She helped me to work on the most important thing "reading". Helping me for six years and two more years to come. I thank her for all she has done by making me able to take Pre-Ap classes for four years and helping me to read and write.