Mrs. Andrews | Teen Ink

Mrs. Andrews

By Allie Melson BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas
Allie Melson BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas

Tonya Andrews Math teacher
Cleburne High School
In one's educational career, they go through a lot of teachers. Some bad, some good. In my life, the bad out weigh the good. Either they had a bad attitude or they were horrible teacher, but one stands out to me, Mrs. Andrews. Tonya Andrews is my algebra 2 teacher and was my geometry.

Going into freshman year, I was scared that I wasn't going to do well in a class that I was a minority, a freshman. The first day I walked into a classroom with a candy basket and that is when I knew that it was going to be a good year. Every day we would come in to music and a warm smile. The personal environment made learning easy. Her bubbly personality makes everyone love being there.

With all her wisdom comes fun. The way Mrs. Andrews teaches is so unique. We learn songs to make memorizing math techniques easy. For example, "Multiplying fractions ain't no problem: Top times top and bottom times bottom." With her as my teacher, I have learned and now enjoy math. She is one of the only teachers, now of days, that tries to make a personal connection with her students. With teaching now, you just don't get that type of teaching. Mrs. Andrews is a one of a kind and I will always remember her for her knowledge she is bestowing upon me and my fellow students.