Coach? Teacher? How bout BOTH?

Though I have many elementary teacher favorites, the only educator who made a HUGE break-through in my education would have to be a Morningside graduate by the name of Aryn Rasmussen. This was just her second year teaching mathematics, and at first I did not understand the Algebra expressions she was giving me. Since Ms.Rasmussen is my Varsity track coach, volleyball coach, AND a softball coach, she knows how hectic my schedule was and set a before-school time for us to go over the things that were confusing me. By the end of that first semester I had a firm grip on the Algebra that had me so darn frustrated, but with a little persistence and hard work, Ms. Rasmussen helped me pull through. She is a GREAT teacher AND coach, and I'm glad she came to teach at my school! :)

Connie said...
Kylee - what a nice gesture on your part to explain the positive impact your teacher had in your life. Good for you. I love your writing style and I want you to keep reading and writing - you have a gift. Good job and good effort.

SmallTownGirl said...
This was fantastic! I've personally had one of my teachers also be my coach, so I know what you mean by "hectic schedule" haha. This was a very good article, it sounds like you and your coach are great about working around each other's schedules! Keep writing, I like what I'm reading!