Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

Out of all the teachers I’ve had in my school career. A few teachers have stood out, but among this group one teacher stands out and that one teacher is my 8th grade English teacher Mrs. Faccenda. Mrs. Faccenda was a teacher that was told me to never give up, assisted me when I was confused in the work, and she was a very caring person.
One of Mrs. Faccenda’s main phrases is “never give up”. When I was struggling with my homework and I told her about it she would say practice and study it and eventually I started to understand it a lot easier. If I was in another class and I really needed help then she would let me come in and she would help me.
See the thing about Mrs. Faccenda is she does whatever she needs to do just to make sure that you get what you’re doing on the work. . So I had a comma assignment and I didn’t understand it at all and one day I came to her during my exploratory and we went over it and she explained how to do it. When I was in 7th grade my English teacher didn’t explain something to me and I went up to Mrs. Faccenda and she helped me understand it.
The most important thing to Mrs. Faccenda is caring. On her own time is she thought something was wrong with me she would pull me aside and talk to me. She tried to keep her class calm so we could all learn but if some people were stilling being disruptive then she would handle it by her own ways.
Mrs. Faccenda was the first teacher I had that inspired me to do better in school. She showed me that teachers can be more than teachers they could be friends. Mrs. Faccenda also showed me to never judge a book by its cover. When I walk into a new English class I will always remember the thoughts that Mrs. Faccenda told me.

on May. 7 2012 at 5:32 pm
LordOfTheStrings PLATINUM, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Believe deep down in your heart that you are destined to do great things because you don't succeed by "It is what it is", you succeed by "It is what you make it".

Great job! i LOVED  Mrs. Faccenda :)