Mrs. MacDonald | Teen Ink

Mrs. MacDonald

By Caitlyn Stewart BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Caitlyn Stewart BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

If you felt like crying, would your teacher take you out to the hallway and talk to you, or send you to the Guidance counselor? If you needed someone to talk to, just to let out your feelings, would you choose your teacher or your friends? Most of the students in my middle school would agree that Mrs. MacDonald is a one of a kind teacher. She was always there for every one of her students whenever they needed her, and she wasn’t afraid to tell you how she really felt about something. Everyone who had her as a teacher truly trusted her and loved her like she was a part of their family.
Mrs. MacDonald was my favorite teacher in my entire school. She always gave great detail when talking to my class about something and always had some sort of story to go along with what we were learning. She was not only a teacher to me and my friends, but she like a part of our family. We all considered her as our “second mom” because if we ever needed to talk her, she was always there with open ears. Whenever one of us was feeling a little down, she knew right away and took us into the hallway to talk to us.
Mrs. MacDonald wasn’t like any other teacher I’ve ever had. She was never afraid to cry in front of my class, or tell us stories that sometimes made everyone a little bit sad. Everyone in my class was their true selves around Mrs. MacDonald, and everyone trusted her with a lot of things. Mrs. MacDonald was always there with advice whenever we needed it, and always knew how to cheer us all up. She wasn’t afraid to stop class just to take you out into the hallway and talk to you and see what was wrong; she did it a lot and most of the time whoever she talked to felt a lot better afterwards.
Mrs. MacDonald was the kind of teacher who always repaid you in some kind of way if you did something for her. She never let someone do something out of generosity for her without her giving them something back, she felt it was wrong not to. No matter how many times or however many ways someone told her that she didn’t need to do anything for them, she never listened and repaid them somehow anyways. Every year she told us all not to get her anything for Christmas or Valentine’s Day, or any other holiday, but we never listened and always did anyways. Once, I and my class threw her a Valentine’s party to show her how much we loved her and she started to cry, and so did a lot of my friends.
When I was with Mrs. MacDonald in her class, I felt truly happy. Whenever I saw her in the hallways, and was with her in her class, I just felt a happiness I never felt really anywhere else. Mrs. MacDonald has made a huge impact on my life and who I am today. She taught me that kindness really does get you places, and that being yourself is the best thing you can do. Without Mrs. MacDonald, I might be a completely different person than who I am today.