The Best Teacher | Teen Ink

The Best Teacher

By Andrea Kirksey BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas
Andrea Kirksey BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas

Everyone always has a favorite educator that understands you as a student and helps when you need it. My favorite educator is my geometry teacher Tonya Andrews at Cleburne High School. She’s one of the nicest and sweetest teachers I’ve ever had. She actually cares about the students and helps them a lot with their grade if their failing. If a student needs help with anything she will sit there and explain it to the student until they know how to do the problem. When Mrs. Andrews tells the class how to do a problem she always does a couple of examples and then asks if anyone has any questions and if someone does she will go over it a couple of more times until everyone gets it. She will dedicate her time to helping any student that needs it. She will stay after school and help before school to help anyone who needs the extra help if she didn’t have time to help them in class. Mrs. Andrews has helped me pass her class by helping me understand more of the lessons we do in class. She has morning duty sometimes where she has to stand around the cafeteria area and watch over the students and even though she has morning duty she will still help any students who come for help. Overall she is a wonderful educator and teaches her classes a lot every day and is willing to help anyone who asks her for help.