Mrs. Passler | Teen Ink

Mrs. Passler

By Riley23 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Riley23 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

My English teachers have always been a little less than ordinary. However, in eleventh grade, when I met a small, adorable, and extremely warm-hearted woman named Mrs. Passler, I knew her class would be my favorite by far.
Her English class happened to be designated for girls only. So obviously the class was more than a handful. On most days, at the beginning of the hour, I would get migraines from the loud, obnoxious chatter and laughter coming from some of my female classmates. But, when Mrs. Passler spoke, we respected her. All the girls quietly listened to what she had to say. I enjoyed hearing her insightful ideas and humorous remarks and I am positive my other classmates did as well.
When we would read books in class, she held great class discussions and brought up topics that made us all think. When we would write papers, she gave us perfect examples and helped us complete our horribly confusing citations. How I write now has improved so much from her help and I am sure this will make my writing in the future so much stronger. She truly is a beautiful person and I am so blessed to have had her as a teacher. And whenever I needed an adult to trust, she was always there, as both a teacher and a friend.

When it came to projects and assignments, she let us expand on our ideas and go outside of the box. I know she wanted us to try harder and do the best we possibly could—which is what a good teacher should do. She was also one of those teachers who I could talk to when I needed to confide in someone. She was always there to help every student and she was patient and calm while doing so.
Mrs. Passler is still one of the kindest people I have ever known. She never failed to brighten my eleventh grade high school days and she encouraged me to do my best in one of my favorite subjects. Looking back, she impacted my life and I will never forget her.

I was inspired to write this piece about one of my favorite English teachers. She was a wonderful teacher and a very kind person and I felt that she should be recognized for the powerful influence she has on her young students.