Who knew I would like Science class...but it was because of her | Teen Ink

Who knew I would like Science class...but it was because of her

By Demi Marston BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Demi Marston BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

She is the most warm-hearted and down to earth person I’ve met. Quite simply, Mrs. Jurewicz is the best science teacher ever! Whenever there would be a time where I would lose focus and doze off, she would always find a way to grab my attention.
I go back and remember the music she would play during work time and I would never guess what she would put on. One time she played “The Humpty Dance” by Digital Underground. She would bob her head and we would just laugh along with her because we couldn’t go wrong with old 90’s hip hop.
Every time I walked in her room, I was comfortable and ease. She would always ask us how our day was going, how we were, and if something seemed off about our mood she would always ask what was wrong and try to help you. She always cared enough to ask us, other teachers would just shrug it off and get on with class and not care. She would always give us as much time as we needed so we didn’t feel rushed.
Whenever I got up to the front, she always gave me the confidence I never had before. She was so easy to talk to—and she never judged me. She was always interested in what I had to say and she never doubted me.
She taught me to not care what other people thought about me; she brought out the best in me. I hope my younger siblings will be able to take her class one day and feel the same way that I felt.
There’s no doubt in my mind that there could ever be a student who would dislike her. Mrs. Jurewicz will be a teacher that I will always remember. I will forever cherish the memories I shared with her and my class.

It was an amazing experience to be in her class, I will always remember her. If this actually appears thank you Ms. J for everything, you are thee best teacher at Arrowhead.