Mr. O'Kneski | Teen Ink

Mr. O'Kneski

Funny. Adapting. Intelligent. These are only some of the words used to describe one of the best teachers I have ever had. I cannot express how much of a privilege it is to have a teacher like Mr. O'Kneski. These 5 paragraphs can say a lot, but it would still be barley anything. Keep that in mind.

With wanting to expand your mind through learning Mr. O'Kneski is the teacher to go to. If you have ever had a class in which your teacher could not teach well enough so you could understand the content; I'm sure everyone has had at a some point. You never feel that way in his class. He is, as I said adapted. Whatever resources can be turned to advantage including the smart boards. He puts down the notes of the lesson on the board (Remember this as it is important) and he uses the modern technology of the smart board to make the notes seem less complicated so that we can understand what it's about. In addition, he repeats verbatim the things he writes on the smart board so we can fully absorb what it is he is saying.
With no doubt every student in the school will agree on how fun his class is. Normally, I would find the subject of American government beyond boring, but that changed in his class. No matter what it is, Mr. O can find something to make in the content funny. He always has something gut busting or hilarious to say. I love that class and am always happy to go there. In addition to that, mornings can be lifeless. But after going to that class you are instantly awake and ready for the rest of the day which can actually make it better for other classes as well. He improves the learning of everybody for every class that day.

Now Mr. O is a teacher who wants you to pass and with triple digits. He has everything you need to do it, you just have to take advantage. He is always prepared for any scenario whether it be snow or a switch in schedule. There is always a backup plan for the backup plan. Also for the sake of extreme ease of access and excessive ease to pay more attention in class, Mr. O has a way to make it happen. He always keeps the notes online so you can print them ahead of time. This is key because you don’t have to write them in class and they are all there for you allowing you to pay more attention and not miss anything he explains. This helps him explain content more.

It's almost unreasonable for Mr. O'Kneski not to win Educator of the Year. He is one of a kind and is definitely a privilege I am so fortunate to have. I thank you for your time and hope that he wins.