Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

By cmariexox8 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
cmariexox8 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

When I was looking for a person to enter into this contest a few people came to mind, but then one person came to mind that was different from the rest. Mrs. Certesio has taught me about stuff that I will use for the rest of my life, and what will actually help me with my life. That is why I picked her for the Educator of the year.

I could have picked a lot of others but she has taught me something that no one else really has, which is what really happens in life. She taught me how to organize my life and make sure to keep it that way, because without that I will not be able to get very far. Mrs. Certesio teaches in a way that makes it easy to understand and easy to follow along. Business, which is the subject she teaches, has really opened my eyes to the world. It has let me go out and see what the world really is like. She does not sugar coat it, she says it just the way it is.

Another reason I picked her was because she is a kind and caring woman. If someone was having a bad day, she’d try and ask them if they are okay and if she could do anything. She always makes sure everyone is on the same page, and always gives times where we can all be on the same page. She is very good at explaining everything that she teaches, and it makes me feel confident that I can understand it.

The final reason I chose her was because of how her class has influenced my life. Before when I went into her class, I did not have a plan for the future at all. Now that I have taken the class, I know where I want to go. I know that I have to save my money before I go out and spend it on other things. Everything in life needs a plan, and now I have one, and this was because of Mrs. Certesio.

These are just a few reasons why I chose Mrs. Certesio. She really is a great teacher, and if I ever chose to be a teacher, I would most definitely strive to be like her. She is patient and understanding. She really is an all around great personality. I really do think that she should win the Educator of the Year.