Miss Christenson | Teen Ink

Miss Christenson

By ashber BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina
ashber BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina

My favorite teacher is Miss Amy Christenson. She is my ninth grade English teacher. The reasons she is my favorite teacher is she makes writing, reading, and seminaring interesting.

When we write in her class she gives us chances to have peers review our essays. She even spends time checking our essays herself before we turn the essay in. She shows us how to make our essays better by showing us examples of other students’ writings. She spends time showing us what mistakes students usually make when writing and that makes it were we know what not to do. She even gives us time to share our essays during class.

Another reason she is great is when we read we act the book out. For example, when we read “A Raisin in the Sun” by Lorraine Hansberry we got to pick who we wanted to be and we acted the play out while we read. That made it easier to understand what is going on. I know for me I sometimes have trouble concentrating while we read books in class, but I do not have that problem in her class.

Finally, in class before we start a new book we do a seminar on different topics and themes from the book we are about to read. A seminar is basically sitting in a circle and discussing the topics. Doing this makes it were we are more comfortable talking in front of people in a non-judgmental area. When we seminar we talk about what we believe and we use facts to support our opinions. No other class I have ever taken let us do this.

Furthermore, Miss Christenson is the best teacher I have ever had. She makes me look forward to learning every day. Miss Christenson makes writing, reading, and seminaring interesting.

even if you dont think she is a great techer. i think she is.