Coached by the best | Teen Ink

Coached by the best

April 8, 2011
By katier26 BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas
katier26 BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas
3 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Stacy Foster is a man of many trades. He is a biology teacher, tennis coach, and former model. To me and the rest of the tennis team, he is known as Coach Foster. As an incoming freshman, I remember feeling as scared as I had ever been, but upon entering Coach Foster’s classroom I felt a rush of relief flood over me. The skinny, tan, mustached man that stood before me glowed as he explained tennis practices and upcoming tournaments. I never expected to have such a kind and giving coach. Over the course of my high school career, I have not had a bond with any other school employee like I developed with Coach. To Coach Foster, each individual child is important and he shows his passion for each child through always being around when he is needed. Coach Foster is very rarely in a foul mood or cranky, he is always laughing or joking with someone. I have seen him help so many people in the short time I’ve known him. I will never forget the day that he gave four tennis kids rides home so they didn’t have to sit in the pouring rain while waiting for their parents to take them home. Even if he is in a rush, Coach Foster will stick around and help any team member with improving their tennis game or biology skills. I will truly miss his corny jokes, crazy song renditions, and nicknames for each member of team after graduation. Tennis trips were always the best, long van rides would lead to some crazy stories and wild laughter. Speaking for the Cleburne High School tennis team, Stacy Foster is truly an example of Educator of the Year because he genuinely loves what he does and he loves each and every one of his students.