The Best English Teacher Ever | Teen Ink

The Best English Teacher Ever

By sfolwell BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas
sfolwell BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas

Of course, we all think when school starts up we are just going to have another boring teacher for another boring class of English. Little did I know that my senior year I would learn so much more about the world of English and better yet, have fun doing it. As for any senior, graduating is the only thing on my mind this year. I didn’t really care about how cool my teachers were, and didn’t really care to get that close to them. I just want to get to college. On the very first day of school I showed up to my sixth period class which I was dreading the most; English. Since I am enrolled in the Dual Credit English class, I am basically taking a college class which means I knew it wasn’t going to be easy. After walking out of that class on the first day, I knew I was never going to get a break and was tempted to drop out. I decided to stick with it, because I really didn’t want to take the class in college. After about a week or two I had done the same amount of work I usually do in a six weeks, or so it felt like it. As the work load kept getting bigger and bigger in that class, I started to realize that every paper I had done has been very beneficial to me. I have expanded my knowledge in the writing, reading, and analyzing sections of English more than I ever thought I would. As the year has progressed, I have learned that Mrs. Bell really and truly loves what she’s doing and has been doing it for quite some time. She has had numerous studies of English; so many that I can’t even remember them all, and she has such enthusiasm when explaining and elaborating things to the class. Also, when we read poems or short stories we often have group discussions that follow. Mrs. Bell loves to get everyone in the class involved to make sure that everyone is on the same page with what the poem or short story was about. This year my class has done many research assignments to get ready for our biggest research project called senior research. Since we did mini researches prior to our big one, thanks to Mrs. Bell I felt very confident in my research, and well prepared. After all of the stress that she put me through this year, I feel now that I can accomplish anything if I put my mind to it. I feel like I have learned so much more than I ever expected, and more than anything I feel ready and prepared for college.