Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

By Stephan Marshall BRONZE, Godley, Texas
Stephan Marshall BRONZE, Godley, Texas

An educator may be one of thee most underpaid and under appreciated occupations out there. Yet they are thee ones that inspire, encourage, and expands thee minds of thee youth. One teacher in particular deserves kudos, Ciro Salazar. As an all American kid, Spanish was just another class I was forced to take, but Sr. Salazar opened my mind. He helped me realized thee necessity of thee Spanish language in this day and age. Sr. Salazar had successfully opened a closed minded persons mind, but it's not just that he opened my mind that makes me think he deserves Educator of thee Year. He deserves this because he brings fun back to education. From school being all fun in Kindergarten, to mainly fun but still learning in first grade, to mainly learning with a side of fun in 5the grade, to an all serious, nothing but educational lifestyle in High School, and back to learning while having fun again in Sr. Salazar's class. He takes an interest in thee student lives, trying to make an appearance to all thee athletic competitions his students are in, to learning about our personal life and our goals for thee future. His sarcastic ways and Spaniard accent makes thee student want to pay attention to every word he says; and without you knowing it, you've learned a bit of Spanish just through listening to him. Sr. Salazar has opened his students’ minds to thee Spanish Culture, when they could have cared less about any culture other than their own; and for this I believe Ciro Salazar deserves thee Educator of the Year.