True Success | Teen Ink

True Success

April 6, 2011
By Carpenter4 BRONZE, Rainbow, Texas
Carpenter4 BRONZE, Rainbow, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The educator who has helped me the most would have to be my coach. When I first moved to Cleburne I was scared how I was going to fit in athletically. He came to me and told me that I was going to do just fine as long as I have the drive to succeed. Ever since that first day I have seen how he has helped so many young adults achieve what no one else thought they would achieve both athletically and educationally. He asks if anyone needs help with their classes, and always says that if we are having trouble to go ask for help. He helps us to know that we are doing well, and that everyone needs a little motivation. Most every athlete loves to come to practice and know that they are going to get what they came there for. In track he is head over everyone and works with runners and throwers. He finds time to help everyone no matter how hard it will be for him. I throw discus and he is always helping us and doing high jump at the same time. I have had a lot of coaches over the years and Coach Webb by far is the best coach I have ever had. He always is nice to everyone and shows a lot of Cleburne spirit when we go to someone else’s track meet, but he also is very respectful. I think he deserves educator of the year award because he loves what he does every day, and never has a bad day.