Sue Sharp | Teen Ink

Sue Sharp

By Haley Hyland SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Haley Hyland SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

At the beginning of sophomore year, we were at somewhat of an ease because we had freshman year under my belt and now we were the “upperclassman” for South Campus. On the first day of school, we got my schedule. For the most part we knew or had heard of most of our teachers. But when we looked at my English teacher we were surprised. Ms. Sharp? Who was she?

When we walked into the classroom, standing at the front of the room, there was a short cute old lady. Ms. Sharp seemed intimidating at first, but once she started talking about the class and what we would be doing, we knew we were in for a treat. As classes went on, she started to seem less intimidating and more outgoing. Everyone in the class could tell how much she enjoyed teaching. Every student could count on Ms. Sharp to make them laugh with her crazy stories and jokes.

From the way people talk about her and the way we remember her class, you would think it was an easy A. But it took a lot of hard work and effort to earn a good grade. This taught us patience and a great work ethic.
The majority of the year was speeches; she was always very specific on how our outlines should be done and exactly what we needed to do to earn an A. This was probably one of our favorite qualities of Ms. Sharp. We were never confused on what we needed to do, to do well.

A day in her classroom was never a bore. She always found a way to make some of the most uninteresting English topics—like grammar and reading—a fun and enjoyable way to learn. Ms. Sue Sharp helped us grow not only as a speaker, but also as a person. We can think of no other teacher who deserves this award more.

Having a teacher like ms. sue sharp.