My #1 Inspiration | Teen Ink

My #1 Inspiration

January 19, 2011
By SteFanii GOLD, Green Bay, Wisconsin
SteFanii GOLD, Green Bay, Wisconsin
12 articles 22 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
Inspiration comes from the heart of patience


So I’m one person who hated science from 2nd grade and beyond…up till midway through my sophomore year. Biology. I loved every minute of it, though I didn’t do well at all times I still loved it. I gotta say my teacher is a phenomenal teacher. Not only does she teach biology but she teaches, AP Biology, Microbiology, and the newly added Forensic Science. She’s the most patient and forgiving person I know. Not only is she a teacher but a coach for forensics and a fantastic play director. Ms. F has influenced me in so many positive ways. Her approach to teaching science was energetic and enthusiastic to every topic whether it was Punnett Squares, the digestive system, or even pig dissection, she was all over it. Years ago I never thought I would find a passion for biology but somehow I managed; now I would even like to become a teacher in the subject of biology. She would always be willing to help me when I was in the stickiest situations, she had confidence in me.
When I got into Forensics, a public speaking and performing activity, I didn’t know what to expect. I was always nervous for competitions. Ms. F would always tell me to relax and to take a breath and that I would do fine. As many times as I didn’t want to believe her… she was right. I ended up competing at state and received 2nd place my first year in.