My #1 Inspiration | Teen Ink

My #1 Inspiration

By SteFanii GOLD, Green Bay, Wisconsin
SteFanii GOLD, Green Bay, Wisconsin

Inspiration comes from the heart of patience

So I’m one person who hated science from 2nd grade and beyond…up till midway through my sophomore year. Biology. I loved every minute of it, though I didn’t do well at all times I still loved it. I gotta say my teacher is a phenomenal teacher. Not only does she teach biology but she teaches, AP Biology, Microbiology, and the newly added Forensic Science. She’s the most patient and forgiving person I know. Not only is she a teacher but a coach for forensics and a fantastic play director. Ms. F has influenced me in so many positive ways. Her approach to teaching science was energetic and enthusiastic to every topic whether it was Punnett Squares, the digestive system, or even pig dissection, she was all over it. Years ago I never thought I would find a passion for biology but somehow I managed; now I would even like to become a teacher in the subject of biology. She would always be willing to help me when I was in the stickiest situations, she had confidence in me.
When I got into Forensics, a public speaking and performing activity, I didn’t know what to expect. I was always nervous for competitions. Ms. F would always tell me to relax and to take a breath and that I would do fine. As many times as I didn’t want to believe her… she was right. I ended up competing at state and received 2nd place my first year in.

SteFanii GOLD said...
on Feb. 25 2011 at 2:19 pm
SteFanii GOLD, Green Bay, Wisconsin

Thank you the comment meant a lot to me :)

Gsteh said...
on Feb. 25 2011 at 1:26 pm
I used to hate science as well. Everything about it was a snore-fest to me, but when i had the right teacher, it changed everything I thought about it. It truly does make a difference. Congrats on the accomplishment.