Changing Lives | Teen Ink

Changing Lives

By Fires SILVER, Eagle Pass, Texas
Fires SILVER, Eagle Pass, Texas

Follow your heart always!

Have you ever entered a room where you want to stay? That doesn’t happen always but when you have a teacher like Mrs. Carpenter who adds enthusiasm to her teachings which makes us think with each new fact we can make a difference maybe we can if we all work together. She is a fun teacher making class a fun and safe place to learn. Her patience and dedication helped me and my classmates succeed. High School is one of the hardest times in your life dealing with friends, homework, boy or girl friend and trying to fit in. But knowing someone like Mrs. Carpenter inspires me to keep going and never give up. I know that if I have a problem Mrs. Carpenter will be there to listen and she will help me in any way she can. Many people have role models maybe actors, dancers, or singers but they don’t know realize they have one so close to them making a change they can see and thank. It’s a person that sees us everyday knows if we work well with others and makes sure we are safe in their classroom. Who am I talking about? A TEACHER!!! There are many meaning for a teacher: someone who works in school gives homework, and changes lives. A teacher to me is someone who makes a difference in a person’s life is there to listen and help in anyway they can. Mrs. Carpenter should be Educator of the Year because she makes a fun and safe environment to learn, respects her student’s ideas and is there for you when you need someone to listen. Mrs. Carpenter is an amazing person to know. I hope students are as lucky as I was to have such an amazing person make a difference in my life. Thanks for everything you did.

It inspired me to write this because I heard all the good things people say about this teacher and how she is the best.