Two Roads Diverged in a Middle School

We were in the classroom D201 Of Felix Festa Middle School. She was one of those merry teachers that I just adored. We had a nice friendship, lunch meetings and Harry Potter chats, which would never change throughout time. When it was time for our last assignment before the final, I couldn’t believe a whole year had gone by. It was obviously going to be something important.

I looked at the paper when she handed it to me. Two roads diverged in a yellow wood? English was one of my strong subjects. This would be the one thing that would bring my grade down. Poems were my only weakness.” And,” she said, “you all will be called up to recite this poem, ‘The Road Not Taken.’” I didn’t really understand but she told us just to read it and see what happened.

That night, I went home and studied the poem. I knew it by heart, but I still didn’t know what it meant. The next day, we discussed it and I could now see what was behind the words, behind the pictures. Taking the right path, but the harder route, because it will be worthwhile.

“Louis, do you want to go first?”

“Sure.” I took a deep breath, and looked out to the class. Did they know it too? Did they understand it? I turned and saw Ms. Quinson. She nodded encouragingly as I stepped up out of my seat to the center of the room.

“Two roads diverged in a yellow wood…”