educator of the year | Teen Ink

educator of the year

By Joshua Rummler BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Joshua Rummler BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

Growing up with a learning disability is difficult. Trying to keep up with everyone in your class is nearly impossible. Since the day I started at Richmond school I always needed the extra help. I would always go to the CMC (Content Mastery Center) and get the help I needed. There the person who helped me the most was Mrs. Sobehrad. She would always welcome me with open arms. From kindergarten to 8th grade she became more then teacher. Always looking after me, making sure I had all my homework in and projects done. Mrs. Sobehrad would always push me to do better, because she knew that I could. She would go out of her way just to help me on the littlest of task. She became someone I could trust and someone that I could tell anything to and she would give me her opinion. By 8th grade I wasn't afraid to ask her anything, she was a friend to me. She helped me make the right decisions. She encouraged me that I can do anything. I graduated 8th grade and now I am a senior and graduating from high school. I haven't seen or spoken to her since middle school. I know she'd be proud of me now, making life changing decision on college and what I want to do in life. I'm for one am proud and thankful that she was my teacher, but most of all a friend that I could trust.