Mrs. Maynard | Teen Ink

Mrs. Maynard

March 11, 2010
By Brian666 SILVER, MERTON, Wisconsin
Brian666 SILVER, MERTON, Wisconsin
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Jack's gonna die"


I was the new kid at Merton Intermediate School in fifth grade. I was terrified and I don’t think I would have survived without the help of my teacher Mrs. Maynard. She only could spend half of the day teaching us, due to a motorcycle accident, and I missed her every time she had to leave. After fifth grade we were told we’d have the same class and teacher; however, my class was unlucky and did not receive her for another year.

I was so upset but I continued to visit her in the new class she was assigned to. It was a tutoring class and by eighth grade many of my friends were in that class (unfortunately). Mrs. Maynard would pull me out of my classes and have me help my friends with their homework, seeing how I was doing so well in my own classes.

She always helped me when I struggled in class. She prepared me for the future of education and without her I wouldn’t have become what I am today. She made me feel unique and special, I selfishly believe that I was her favorite student, but in all honesty I feel she treated all other students the same. She was the ideal teacher.

There are many ways the Mrs. Maynard is a great teacher, but there are even more as to why she’s a great friend. She was so much more than a teacher that I never once had to experience a single day of school. She gave me a reason to further pursue my education. If I was a fraction of the character Mrs. Maynard is I will a great success.


The author's comments:
she's da bomb