Mrs. DesRosiers | Teen Ink

Mrs. DesRosiers

When I first signed up for AP Psychology, I was sort of interested in the subject, but mainly I thought it would be an easy AP class. When the class began on the first day of school, I finally saw my teacher Mrs. DesRosiers. At the start of class, she admitted, laughing a little, that she wasn’t one of those teachers who found it easy to constantly goof around during class. She wasn’t the crazy teacher who at times, seemed to have difficulty being serious. But she still ended up being my favorite teacher. She wasn’t a teacher who constantly joked around with the class because that wasn’t the kind of person she was. Despite this, she still was one of the best and most helpful teachers I have had.
Maybe it’s just something about the way I could tell that she spent a lot of time personally finding all the videos and pictures she thought would make class interesting and easier to understand. I loved how she always found the coolest videos to demonstrate the concepts we had learned. When we studied sleep disorders, we watched a narcoleptic daschund and we’ve watched clips from movies such as Rain Man. We also watched a video on the sleep talking man after discussing some of Freud’s theories. Mrs. DesRosiers would work extremely hard to make sure we fully understood each concept, so we’d do well on the AP test. These video clips and movie clips made it easier to pay attention in class and really helped us understand how each concept we learned in class applied to the world.

I can tell that Mrs. DesRosiers works hard and spends a lot of time on our class because she always grades our tests and quizzes very quickly. In fact, the longest we ever had to wait for her to grade our tests was only two or three days. Most of the time, she gave us back our tests the next day, so we could see how we did. She was always willing to work with a struggling student if they wanted help and offered chances to earn some points if someone did poorly on a test. Mrs. DesRosiers deserves to win the Educator of the Year Award because she is truly an incredible and supportive teacher.

I decided to write this piece because Mrs. DesRosiers has been one of the best teachers I have ever had. She is an incredibly helpful and caring teacher.