my librarian | Teen Ink

my librarian

By tristen BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas
tristen BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas

psalms 18:19 "He delivered me because He delighted in me."

Teen Ink Educator Writing Contest

I have come across a few teachers in my life who could be viewed as extraordinary because of their excellence. One teacher who I would like to acknowledge is actually a librarian in my school. She is very involved in the school and the community, and she is kind to everyone.

Mrs. Fran Rader has been a librarian at Cleburne High School for many years, and her efforts to improve the quality of not only our own library but that of all the libraries in our community can be seen on a daily basis. She leads our Teen Library Board club, which is dedicated to promoting reading in young teens, and she has helped to improve not only the high school library but many of the elementary school libraries, too.

Mrs. Rader is one of the most helpful members of the school faculty, and she is always willing to help anyone who comes into the library. She is a very knowledgeable woman and she is almost always able to suggest an interesting book to someone or help with research work. She also helps organize many reading-promoting activities here at the high school as well as in the elementary schools, along with volunteering and encouraging young teens to volunteer at interesting and helpful community events at our public library.

Along with working at the school, Mrs. Rader also does lots of volunteer work through the church, and she manages a youth bible study group at one of the elementary schools in the community. Every Tuesday night she is dedicated to helping young children to read and to learn the word of God. Also, the teens she encourages to volunteer are being taught the values of kindness and responsibility.

Mrs. Rader is an exceptional member of our community here in Cleburne, Texas. She goes above and beyond every day to improve our small community and to ensure that the young members of society are receiving a valuable education and great tools for life. She also instills in our youth a love and respect for reading and for knowledge. There is no doubt in my mind that Mrs. Fran Rader is one of the most exceptional educators I’ve ever met.