Ms. Pennington | Teen Ink

Ms. Pennington

By daniellecarey5 BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas
daniellecarey5 BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas

While most people consider her a tough teacher, I appreciated the time and effort Ms. Pennington spent on the adolescents she taught. Her teaching style consisted of large amounts of homework that allowed the students to get plenty of practice and preparation for tests. Most kids wouldn’t like this, however, I found that it helped me make better grades and learn the material very well. Ms. Pennington’s was very involved with the students and their extra-curricular activities. While in her class I was a member of the Golden Pride Band and the Lady Jackets Varsity basketball team that would keep me from attending some of the school days. She was always willing to work with us and allow us time to make up assignments/tests and come in for tutorials to help us with the missed material. Ms. Pennington taught me responsibility, organization, and that communication is key. Through the insurmountable amount of homework, I learned to be responsible with my time. Through note taking and absences, I learned to stay organized and keep up with what was going on. She taught me that if I would communicate with her about when I would be absent, she would work with me to make up and get my work in advance. These skills she has given me will be useful in my daily life.