Mr. G | Teen Ink

Mr. G

By Elizabeth Parker BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas
Elizabeth Parker BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas

Mr. G

He is witty and clever in the way that he talks and presents himself. Mr. Gresham is very cool tempered and liked to joke around so it made it easy to talk to him. I learned more in his class last year than I have in any of my other history classes because his style of teaching was hard but doable. Being a new teacher makes it easy for you to be walked over by your students, but he knew how to get our attention in a way that we also gained respect for him.

He didn’t overwhelm you in homework and reading out of the book or make you copy long pages of notes. Mr. Gresham talked about the subject we were studying and went over everything with us so that we could choose to take notes over what he was saying or just to pay attention. He is so informed about the material that he is able to go into depth about things and make it understandable and interesting instead of just reading it out of a book and hoping you get it.

If you are having a hard time in or out of his class he can see that and takes the time to talk to you about it and does the best he can to help you out. Last year I got into a serious wreck and missed school for a week and when I returned he gave me all my material and told me if I needed any help to come talk to him. I had anxiety really bad and was really stressed about a lot of things but didn’t ask for any help. My first week back to school we had a really big test in his class and I failed it with flying colors so he pulled me to the side and offered me study time over the material and let me retake it. I went in early and he helped me review and I made a much better grade.

Mr. Gresham was helpful to anyone who asked and was easy to learn from. Anyone who has had him can say that he was a joyful person and even though the class was hard, he made it easy to understand. I hope he stays at Cleburne High School for a long time because our other teachers could learn a thing or two from him.