Rolemodel | Teen Ink

Rolemodel

December 15, 2009
By Marioni77 BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas
Marioni77 BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The teacher that has inspired me to do great is Mr. Day, my Band Director. He loves what he does and does what he loves. He has challenged his students to give their best both in school as well as outside of school. Has a very unique teaching method. He likes to get involved in the band. At times he gets his snare drum out and plays it while we are playing. He is very motivated about what he does and encourages us to be the same in all that we do. There are times when he shakes because he gets so excited about what he is accomplishing with the band as a whole and as individuals. Before Mr. Day was a band director played in the U.S. Marine band. This is a great help for the community as well as the school. This is because he is disciplined to do what is right. He sets a very good example for the class because he is a hardworking person. His example can inspire others to be hardworking as well. He is always at the school before the rest of the directors even though he is not the head band director. He is always willing to help us with our school work and our band music if we need it; all we have to do is just ask him. One of his best attributes is being able to work with teenagers. Being one myself I know that it is very had to control us and harder to make us pay attention. He is the perfect role model for those that need one or need a better one. The entire band, not just his class, looks up to him. If he had the chance to change the community I know that he would look at it, find the problems, and change that what is needed to be change for the better. This is why I believe he deserves the Educator of the Year Award.