Coach Webb | Teen Ink

Coach Webb

By Jac66 BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas
Jac66 BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas

Football is a tough sport. It takes many hours of hard work and dedication to be both a player and a coach. Coaches have to work sometimes more than 80 hours a week. For Coach Webb this is a light week of work. His dedication to me and my other teammates has taught me a lot about what it takes to be a great coach. He donates time that he could be spending with his family and kids to his players. This is a dedication that isn’t easy to make. It’s not easy showing up at school for a 6:30 varsity practice in the morning, then traveling out of town to help coach a JV game that starts at 6:30. That takes and extreme amount of commitment and unselfishness.

For me Coach Webb has been there every step of the way. He has helped me, a scrawny 165 lb sophomore to become a taught 215 lb all district athlete. It hasn’t been easy. He has motivated me to play through the pain and never give up. When I fractured my hip my junior year he was with me every step of the way in my recovery. I owe every thing to Coach Webb. He has helped make me who I am today.

Coach Webbs dedication motivated me to write this article about him