Educator of the Year Essay | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year Essay

By Tori Martinez BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas
Tori Martinez BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas

To me Educator of the Year should be Mr. Hanks. He just became principal this year and it just so happens that he became mine. I like having him as one because he makes me feel comfortable enough to go to him with anything.

Last year he was my algebra teacher and I learned a lot from him. He was a great teacher and he explained things very well. Yeah he might’ve given us homework every night but he helped us out whenever we needed it and I liked that.

Him being my principal makes everything better. I know he isn’t going to be partial to anyone in any situation. Plus him being a principal and all, I’m sure he does a lot for the school but I don’t know specifically what. I know that I’m sure he participated in organizing some school functions along with our other principals.

One time when I got in trouble for saying something wrong in the classroom I had to go see Mr. Hanks and he got me a good deal with my punishment. I’m not saying he let me off lightly because he didn’t. I got a lecture from him like anyone else would’ve and we discussed the matter maturely. I didn’t mind speaking with him because I know I can talk with him about any issues I’m having. I ended up getting two days of jip and he just told me to be careful and stay out of trouble.

So as you can see I believe that Mr. Hanks would be a great Educator of the Year because he helps out our school and he’s helped me out personally as well.

i had to write this essay for my english class.