Mr. Jones | Teen Ink

Mr. Jones

By Alyssa09 BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas
Alyssa09 BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas

Mr. Jones was the brand new band director my freshmen year of high school. He had come into unknown territory with all of the students wishing him the best of luck. With what had happened in the years before, he had a lot of problems that would come his way. Mr. Jones came into our band not knowing what would happen and bracing himself for the worse, but instead he made our band the best it had been in awhile and changed our minds and hearts about music. I chose Mr. Jones as my educator of the year because he made me love music all that much more and showed me that there are teachers that do care for you and how you’re doing instead of just if you turn in the work and don’t even care if you show up. Mr. Jones has helped me to understand the finer side of music and showed me that it is actually fun to play music and not just a chore. I was wanting to play music, not having to play music. He brought about so many new traditions for our band that helped us to become a closer knit band family. He has helped raise money for a student in band who was in the hospital and needed financial help. Mr. Jones cares about his students and actually relates to us and is an adult we all can turn to if we ever need help with anything. Mr. Jones has definitely been one of my favorite teachers I have ever had. He has helped me to realize music is something I am really good at, and has inspired me to become a teacher and minor in music. He has changed my life for the better. Mr. Jones has taught me to think outside the box and to push myself to do my absolute best so that I can succeed and show everyone I know how to play amazing music.