Mr. Jones | Teen Ink

Mr. Jones

December 14, 2009
By SarahR BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas
SarahR BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Mr. Jones, or most commonly known, Senor Jones, has been my band director throughout my four years of high school. Though, through my entire years of school, never have I met a more compassionate, hardworking, one-on-one teacher/ person! I mean, Jones has had more patience and belief in me and my fellow peers than I have ever seen in a teacher before! Like, he really did rebuild our band program from the ground up; for those of you who don’t think that is a big deal, he is an example, having to worry about the trombones and clarinets dukin’ it out in practice, literally! To having to worry about getting his band through area competitions! He never washed his hands with anyone, and was always there and willing to help and listen to any problems my friends or myself had! He is an amazing, strong willed person and deserves a little recognition! Jones has never asked for anything in return for his hard work and I think it is about time we do! I can not think of any other person who deserves this award more than Senor Jones. He has done all and more that this award recognizes and I believe he should be awarded the privilege in having this honor tucked under his belt!


The author's comments:
i hope this inspired others to write about their true idols/heros/friends and not just the first person who came to mind!