AP DP

By , Cleburne, TX
A great assistant principal and an even better person, Damon Patterson is an outstanding educator. Mr. Patterson is a hardworking and dedicated individual who has a positive impact on those around him. I’ve known Mr. Patterson for several years now, and we’ve become pretty good friends. As an office aide, we joke around and give each other hard time. However, not only is he a guy that likes to have fun, but he is very involved with our school. Mr. Patterson handles our entire dual credit program with Hill College and makes sure that students get a head start with college hours and credit. Also, he volunteers his time to chaperone school events such as school dances. Even though they may last until late at night, he kindly offers his time to let us have an enjoyable experience. As an administrator, Mr. Patterson attends lots of school events like games, concerts, etc. to represent the school and the students. He handles many disciplinary issues and makes sure that everyone is doing the right thing. Mr. Patterson sets the right example and is a great role model for students at our school. Teen Ink could not go wrong by naming this man as Educator of the Year.