One of Us

Going into my tenth grade year of high school I was super excited about the year. I was going to take my first Ag Mechanics class, with the teacher Mark McClure. I knew it was going to be fun, but as I look back know it was the best class I have ever taken. When he gave our class the first lesson on how to cut metal with a cutting torch all of us were nervous, but he always encouraged us that we could do it. He was able to make us relax and have fun instead of being uptight and scared about the tools we were working with. It was like he was one of us just teaching us cutting, welding and many other things. He has influenced me so much in my life helping me become a good welder and giving me other great skills I may need to know in my life time. Even though a bunch of us at the start were not very good at anything we tried he never stopped helping us he just kept teaching us and making us better at all the stuff in the shop. He's a really nice guy and I give him all the respect in the world and thank him for everything he has done for me.