Mr. Gresham | Teen Ink

Mr. Gresham

I sat in Mr. Gresham’s seventh period US History class the first day of my junior year in high school. He was a short man that looked too young for his receding hairline, which he jokingly pointed out to the class upon introduction. Mr. Gresham was determined to keep his own beliefs from the class by presenting an unbiased viewpoint on everything from religion to politics, and he encouraged us to begin to form our own opinions on such issues along the way.

Mr. Gresham’s parents were missionaries when he was growing up. Therefore, when he decided to attend Texas A&M University, he had to find a way to pay for it himself. After taking a year off from school to work and save up money, Mr. Gresham was able to complete his college education and graduate. While teaching at Crowley High School, Mr. Gresham met the woman that would become his wife. Last year they moved with their young son to take jobs at Cleburne High School, and just a couple months ago, Mr. Gresham’s wife gave birth to their second son.

Though Mr. Gresham has only been at Cleburne High a year, he has already made an impact on the students. Anyone will tell you that his class is difficult and he expects a lot from his students, but Mr. Gresham makes it clear and apparent that teaching is his joy. Mr. Gresham in a little over a year has proven to be a devoted family man as well as a brilliant educator, and because of this I have come to respect him as a teacher and as a person.