Talkin' 'bout Coach Myers | Teen Ink

Talkin' 'bout Coach Myers

December 4, 2009
By Anonymous

Boy, was she tough and did she have a voice. That's right I'm talking about Coach Myers. I will never forget this woman, she taught me so much not just about basketball, but about school, life, and the real world.

The way she coached was sort of scary at first and made my old team and I want to go hide in a corner and cry. She didn't take any nonsense, lies or crying and she told it how it was without sugar-coating it. She either wanted us to give it our all or leave and give nothing at all.

The first few days were really hard on us because, wow did we hate each other, and really have alot issues on the table between us.

Now, Coach Myers did not like that at all and fixed up our mess pretty quick with her one and only solution.... running. After she fixed us up I was pretty sure I lost about ten pounds... just from one practice.

Not only did she teach me about important stuff, but she also taught the whole team. If it wasn't for her, all of us girls wouldn't be who we are today.
She taught us from experience, from her parents experience and how we like to say it, most of the time all she did was wing it.

We had rivals and enemies on our own team, there were fights and arguments every single day. It was nothing but chaos. But, soon after Coach Myers brought us closer together, we realized how there was more laughing and smiles, and we still laugh back on how we hated each others guts.

All she did was love and care for every one of us, whether it was friendly love or tough love she did all she could to make us, not just better players but also better people and I can not thank her enough for that.

Either on the court or in class I always have to remember " to be quick and don't hurry." Thanks Coach.