Awesome Class | Teen Ink

Awesome Class

By Kgfao BRONZE, Boise, Idaho
Kgfao BRONZE, Boise, Idaho

I have long been told that you can take a good class, add a great teacher, and it turns into an awesome class. Here and now, I can tell you that it is true. Amber Strickler, my art teacher, was notable from Day 1, being extremely nice and giving help to each individual student. The classroom is small, but there is always a lively feeling while we are working.
As far as pedagogy goes, Mrs. Strickler makes everything fun, and has long been known for her fun personality and fun projects. We have made posters, pattern displays, piñatas, scratchboard designs… you name it. She is very passionate about art, and is always willing to help. She is the kindest teacher I’ve ever had and has a great sense of humor. She always makes her instructions clear so there is no guessing, and always makes sure that the classroom and the students are always being kept organized.
Mrs. Strickler was exceptional the second we walked in the door, being very welcoming. Due to the fact that the class is smaller than the chances that I will become a pro football player, everyone quickly got to know everyone and we all felt more connected as a class. Plus, a small class size gives her more one-on-one time with the students.
Despite all this, she is a teacher, and she must teach. And believe me, she teaches quite well, showing us examples of famous work and telling us stories. She even shows us her own personal work, because we all know that taking advice from an experienced person is easier than failing this essay.
In the end, though, everyone demands the facts, so here they are. She’s nice. She’s helpful. She loves what she does. And if a student doesn’t do their work, she will annoy them worse than an extra-strength magnet would a robot. Amber Strickler is the best teacher I have ever had.

I wrote this for the Educator of the Year contest. Mrs. Strickler is AWESOME!