The Coolest Teacher | Teen Ink

The Coolest Teacher

By Sabrina BRONZE, Boise, Idaho
Sabrina BRONZE, Boise, Idaho
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

The Coolest Teacher Ever

I nominate Mr. David Bear for Educator of the Year. Every day he wears a Hawaiian shirt, dress pants, and dress shoes. His class room has red “clouds” or sound reflectors, pictures of famous band players, and cartoon pictures. His band has won two awards for excellence.

Mr. Bear teaches band at South Jr High in Boise Idaho. He is sarcastic but serious. Sometimes he will make us count in different accents, he also yells out something that people like, if you like what he says you play. He gives us the easiest home work like having our parents sign practice forms. If you make him mad, he says “The angry bear approaches!” or he will just scream.

Towards the end of 6th grade Mr. Bear came in to talk to the band. He talked about Honor Band and about himself. That exact day I knew that he was going to be one of my favorite teachers because he played like every instrument and he was funny. After school got out I couldn’t stop thinking about school let alone band was going to be like. When school was in I just wanted to go to band and play. After the first week I knew he was my favorite teacher because he is as sarcastic as Jay Leno. He helps us with our music after and before school.

Mr. Bear should be Educator of the year because he is awesome and he loves to teach and he believes we can be great musicians. Make Mr. David Bear Educator of the year!!