My Teacher Of The Year | Teen Ink

My Teacher Of The Year

July 28, 2009
By harley dinsmore BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
harley dinsmore BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 article 7 photos 0 comments

All of my teacher in my nine years of schooling have been great to me. They all have their strengths and weaknesses, but we all do. Teachers are supposed to teach their students, some students thinking learning is always boring. But when you in my math class theres never a dull moment. Thats why I am nominating my math teacher Mr. Spera as Educator of the Year.

My name is Harley, and I am in eigth grade at New Foundations Charter School. Due to this being my last year, I would like to nominate Mr.Spera as teacher of the year for making my years at New Foundations great. All of my teachers are very special to me. But it seems that everyone loves a teacher that will sing and dance every once in a while. Our math class always has a fun time learning, you could never leave the class without laughing.

I have to admit all of my teacher are great! They all have there ways of teaching us. Whether its lectures, songs, dances, or even movies. Mr.Spera had a mix of all of these ideas, but he really hardly lectured us. He would sing, and dance. Also when he were leaning about acute and obtuse angles and such, he told the whole class he is naming his first kids skew and acute. Mr. Spera is a very organized person, and helps any student who needs help on anything. We have so much fun in his class it seems like your not even learning, even though you are.

Mr. Spera is a great teacher, ask anyone! He deserves this as any other teacher would, but he is a one of a kind teacher. You can never have another one like him, ecspecailly one who dances on the class room tables!