They're Not All The Same | Teen Ink

They're Not All The Same

During my life I have been threw alot. My mother had chose men over me many times. This eventually led to me being placed in foster car. I was in three foster homes, in less than two years. I was very umcomfortable being around people. I tried to stay away from as many people as I could. I hated going to school or even looking at people.

I eventually became very depressed and wanted to end my life. I was to the point where I had tried to commit suicide about three times. I was thinking about it one day when I was in school. I walked into a class and saw this man who seemed like an arrogent person. I felt like I was not going to make it threw his class. He began talking and I immediatly trusted him. I didn't understand how all my life I had spent time building these walls and in two minutes those walls were on the floor. I felt like I could tell him anything and he would listen. I felt like he wouldn't judge me and that meant alot to me.

It was his first year teaching and he thought that he wasn't the best teacher. I don't understand why he would think that. He saved me from myself. I was so tired of not having anyone to talk to and then he came along. He was not only there for me but for everyone. He has an amazing way of teaching so that everyone understands what he is talking about. If one person is behind he will take the time to go over it to make sure everyone will pass. This is why he is Educator of the Year to me.