Mrs. Hernandez | Teen Ink

Mrs. Hernandez

February 15, 2023
By taylormanne06 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
taylormanne06 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
15 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In grade school, my school, Saint Joan of Arc, had a lot of teachers come and go, but one teacher stood out to me, and that is Mrs. Hernandez. Mrs. Hernandez was my 4k teacher and then my 6th and 7th grade English teacher. 


When I was in 4k, Mrs. Hernandez held a play for our class to put on in front of the school. The play was Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, and I had gotten cast as the lead. I have always been a very shy and quiet person, but being cast as Snow White helped me to get out of my comfort zone. I remember how much effort she put into putting on this amazing play, and it was incredibly impressive for what materials we had to work with. She helped to teach me that it is okay to step out of your bubble every once in a while. 


Soon later, Mrs. Hernandez had moved away. Later, when I was in 6th grade, she decided to work at my middle school again. 


I vividly remember when one of my best friends was having a rough day. Mrs Hernandez noticed this, and pulled him into another room and talked to him. Through talking to him she discovered the root of his problem and she pulled all of us aside to help him get through the rest of the day. She always had a way to solve anybody's problem, big or small.


Mrs. Hernandez is more than a teacher, she is a friend. She is caring and compassionate. She cares about her work and her students.  Mrs. Hernandez taught us and interacted with us like we were her kids. Mrs. Hernandez was like a breath of fresh air.