Ms. Delain | Teen Ink

Ms. Delain

By JacksonSonnemann BRONZE, Harltand, Wisconsin
JacksonSonnemann BRONZE, Harltand, Wisconsin

In 8th grade I had a history teacher named Ms. Delain. Her class room was like the eye of a hurricane. Much calmer than the busy middle school halls and classrooms surrounding it. 

I often looked forward to her class everyday. I was not very successful as far as grades went in middle school. She always seemed to care about how I did and often encouraged me to do work when all I wanted to do was goof around. 

My friends and I caused a lot of trouble in her class. We were off task alot and I have countless memories of the things we did in that class. I don't know how Ms. Delain didn't go insane because of us. She was always super nice no matter what. Me and friends still talk about how we feel bad for putting her through all that trouble. 

Ms. Delain always made sure I got my work done during class time. She really helped me get my work done and made sure I had everything turned in on time. In middle school I had a hard time with late work. My grades were always super low so the help she provided was really important to my success. 

She was always friendly to me and the other students in the class. I never really liked talking to my teachers. But I remember having enjoyable conversations with Ms. Delain. At the end of my time in middle school I received a letter in the mail from her. 

Ms. Delains class was the last time I really enjoyed coming into school. And her class was the last place I was at the end of the day in middle school. It motivated me to work hard through the whole day bc at the end of it i would be rewarded with the treat that her class was.