My teacher of the year | Teen Ink

My teacher of the year

February 6, 2023
By Cordi SILVER, Rome, Pennsylvania
Cordi SILVER, Rome, Pennsylvania
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
be gentle my little thunderstorm, the world is just not ready. - a.j. lawless


One of the best teachers in our school is Mrs.Lamphere. She teaches genetics, anatomy, biology, and environmental science club. Mrs.Lamphere is one of the most patient, kind, and involved teachers I have met. She does not mind when we come to her room randomly during the day to ask questions or hang out. Her classes are easy to understand, fun, and very hands-on. For example, in genetics, we are trying to grow a chicken outside the shell. It sounds odd, but it is one of the most exciting experiments I have done in school. Even when we almost lose hope of it working, she does not let us give up on it, and now we are so close to achieving the goal. Mrs.Lamphere has also gone out of her way to make her classroom a friendly environment for everyone. She has different projects for different people, her room is colorful and bright, and she has animals. So far, we have quail and chickens and are waiting on a turtle! It's very calming to have animals in the classroom with you, especially when you are stressed, and you can pick up and cuddle the baby animals. She makes her classes fun, engaging, exciting, and easy to understand. We are allowed to talk amongst ourselves, as long as it is helping someone, and we do not get too loud. She is always available to help, no matter the time, and she is always patient while assisting. Mrs.Lamphere is one of the best teachers, and I am very thankful to be in her class.