The Teacher That Changed my Life | Teen Ink

The Teacher That Changed my Life

Before I came to the Newton School, I was a terrible writer. I couldn’t write without a teacher’s help. I was having a hard time writing and I was a crazy kid. When I came to the Newton School, that all changed. Ms. Knight showed me how to write correctly. She tries so hard to help each individual in her two writing classes be the best writers they can be. She has us do a “Caught Ya” every day, which is an editing exercise with a random vocabulary word in the exercise. Then, she will have us work on our writing essays. Additionally, she has us do a timed writing essay, or has us do dictation; which is us just writing sentences with are vocabulary words for the week without spellcheck. She has helped me work on my writing since I got to The Newton School, and I am overall a better writer. She has also helped me grow as a person by disciplining me. When I was at my old school, I was one of the worst kids at behaving and I was really annoying, but when I came to The Newton School, Ms. Knight started disciplining me. Now I’m not misbehaving as much and I don’t annoy people as much. Whenever I was misbehaving, she would remind me before she would punish me, and if she punished me, she wouldn’t make it too harsh, unless I did something bad. Thanks Ms. Knight.

This is for Ms. Knight, the teacher that changed my life.