Mary Massey: Teen Ink's Educator of The Year

I believe that Mrs. Mary E. Massey should be the Educator of the Year this year and every year. Mrs. Massey teaches 7th grade ELA at my school, Forestbrook Middle School. I’m glad that I have this wonderful, loving, amazing person for a teacher.

Mrs. Massey is someone that I can always talk to, no matter what. You see, Mrs. Massey and I have one thing in common; we both have a parent that has died. My father died when I was just 9 years old and sometimes I just have one of those days when I want to cry my eyes out. I can always go to Mrs. Massey and talk and cry and I’ll always know that she will understand.

Mrs. Massey is one of those people that you just can’t stand to disappoint. She has such a positive outlook on life and is always smiling. Sometimes Mrs. Massey comes to school in a rush, one day she told me that she thought she was going to have a bad hair day so she "put her hair in a poofy on top of her head." Mrs. Massey really says things like this and that's why you love her. If you are ever having a problem in class or just want to get her opinion on something, Mrs. Massey is always there to help.

Mrs. Massey is one of the most wonderful teachers I have ever known. She is happy and understanding and a little crazy, but I think that is why everybody at Forestbrook loves her. It has been a blessing having her as a teacher and I believe she deserves this award because of that.

Dallas S. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
loved your piece :)

Mrs. Massey said...
Oh Mary the pleasure has been all mine. :)