Actor - Kristen Stewart | Teen Ink

Actor - Kristen Stewart MAG

At 16, Kristen Stewart is not afraid of intense roles, including Jodie Foster's daughter in “Panic Room,” the protagonist in “Speak,” and a troubled teen in “The Messengers.” This month, “In the Land of Women” opens with Kristen playing a teen dealing with high school, peer pressure, and a difficult relationship with her mother. The film also stars Meg Ryan and Adam Brody.

In “In the Land of Women,” you are a painter, but what are your real-life hobbies?

I read a lot of books, and I'm a writer. That's what I'm mainly into. I just love putting the words together. I'm really in love with words. I play guitar; I love going to shows. I'm kind of a homebody.

What is your favorite book?

I actually have two. I just finished Cannery Row by John Steinbeck, which was really intense. The other is The Stranger by Albert Camus, that was heavy.

You've worked with Jodie Foster and now Meg Ryan. How were those experiences?

So different. I was little when I worked with Jodie, so I wasn't taking notes. Just being around someone like that for months when you're so young and such a sponge ... she probably affected the way I work.

Jodie doesn't take things too seriously, she just acts. I mean, of course, she thinks about it, but Meg takes things very seriously - in the best way. You can tell she really cares about her work a lot, and that's really important.

In terms of acting styles, was it very different working with Meg, Adam and Makenzie Vega?

They were all so different. Working with Adam and Makenzie was a lot of fun, but my scenes with Meg were intense. There was a lot of tension between us, a lot of distance. I liked working with her; I felt we were both very satisfied with what came out. After a scene with Meg it was like, “Oh, we nailed it.”

What is your relationship with your mother like? Will your new movie help mothers and daughters better understand each other?

I'm really lucky, because I have a picture-perfect relationship with my parents. But I definitely see my friends in Lucy and her mom's relationship, I feel like that dynamic is very typical. This movie will open people's eyes.

How do you choose roles?

It's always different. The movies I've been interested in have been because of the prospect of working with the filmmaker and a certain director. Sometimes I'll do a movie because there are one or two scenes I really want to do, something that's different. I think it's important to do movies that are worth watching, something that makes you think.

If you weren't acting, what would you do?

I would want to write screenplays. But, if I had to have a practical job, if acting fell through, I couldn't imagine working anywhere but on a movie set. I would want to work in props or the art department.

What advice would you give others interested in acting?

If there is anything you really want to do, you have to give it a shot. Otherwise you're going to hold onto it forever and just regret it. You should have no regret.

People always ask actors for advice and it's like wow, you're asking us? I don't know how enlightening we can be. We're just people.

LunaLives GOLD said...
LunaLives GOLD, South Bend, Indiana

Because I can!-Me "Life is a choice and death is a decision"-Lil Wayne

I'm amazed! Now I want to interview famous people. Jackson Rathbone in particular.(:

not.that.girl BRONZE, Troy, Michigan

My words fly up, my thoughts remain below.
Words without thought never to heaven go.

cool! i'll have to see it sometime...

not.that.girl BRONZE, Troy, Michigan

yeah i bet. you know the had to find a different actor for like every shot of Renesme the weirdo vampire-human kid Bella and Edward have. How is she even attracted to Edward when she can have JACOB?!?!?! i mean, seriously. Pasty-face guy with weird hair that always looks like someones holding a gun to his head or something...OR... super-tan, nice, super-hot werewolf  who loves her!

not.that.girl BRONZE, Troy, Michigan

yeah seriously... why would you read this article if you hate her so much? like, i saw the thing for the interview on Zach Efron (who i hate with a passion) and i just rolled my eyes and clicked on this one, beacause i do not have anything against Kristen Stewart. I just dont love the movies. like they say, dont hate the player, hate the game; or, in this case, dont hate the actor, hate the movie (or the character)

not.that.girl BRONZE, Troy, Michigan

i totally agree. why the heck would they care about some random crazed fan who would, like you said, praise them all day rather than talk to them like a normal person?

not.that.girl BRONZE, Troy, Michigan

the interview really opened my eyes to the fact that actors are people, too. I mean, she is actually kinda similar to me: she has several favorite books and likes to write! wow. i dindnt actually hate Twilight, but i never read the book (i am ashamed to say). Robert Pattinson was WAAAAAY better in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, but Taylor Lautner sucked in Sharkboy and Lavagirl. Of course, Taylor was also the only GOOD actor in the whole Twilight series/saga (whichever you prefer), i mean except whoever plays Alice Cullen. She was my favorite!

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

They play it on Lifetime all the time. I wrote a review for it and interviewed Laurie Halse Anderson (the author) if you'd like to check it out! :) Speak the movie was REALLY good! It was amazing!

not.that.girl BRONZE, Troy, Michigan

hold on! they made a movie out of SPEAK?!?!?!?!? i LOVED that book! And KRISTEN STEWART played MELINDA?!?!?!?!??!??? wow. kinda shocking, but once it sinks in, thats, like, PERFECT casting Kristen was probably something like Melinda when she was in high school; insecure, slightly artistic, a little emo... 

AnneOnnimous BRONZE, Peterborough Ontario, Other

"Saying 'I notice you're a nerd' is like saying, 'Hey, I notice that you'd rather be intelligent than be stupid, that you'd rather be thoughtful than be vapid, that you believe that there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsay Lohan. Why is that?' In fact, it seems to me that most contemporary insults are pretty lame. Even 'lame' is kind of lame. Saying 'You're lame' is like saying 'You walk with a limp.' Yeah, whatever, so does 50 Cent, and he's done all right for himself."
— John Green

The thing is, they actually do a good job- at first I thought they were terrible and that Kristen Stewart sucked, and although i still don't particularly like her, she does act like Bella: whiny and annoying and terribly boring.

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

IDK...I was fine with her in Twilight...I don't care for the movie, but I thought she acted fine in it...but she was really good in Zathura, Speak and Panic Room. I really love her as an actress. At least in her early stuff. The Runaways and stuff have kinda made me lose my respect for her, but she was still a great actress early on.

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

Well, I've only interviewed authors. You can find e-mails on their websites or contact them through their official Facebooks.

TheNovaClytie PLATINUM, Woodhaven, Michigan

If I could run away from my problems, I'd probably get lost, and then new problems would find me.
~Shelby Seeley

IKR! That's soo cool! Writing is awesome!

~Shelby Seeley

Wait, that was HER in Zathura?? Really? She was great in that?? What happened?!

~Shelby Seeley

I wish teenink had a 'Like' button. This is the kind of comment i would 'Like'.

~Shelby Seeley

How the heck do you get to interview these people? I want in!

~Shelby Seeley

I really disliked the movies too. At first I was all "OMG that was sooooo Perfect!" but after a while I learned to hate them. I had a nice, long facination with the books as well, but once I'd seen the movies for what they truely were, I also opened up my eyes to the fact that the books really aren't that great either. Now, I don't even get the craze over Twilight, except for the fact that Rob and Taylor take their shirts off.

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

Did you see "Zathura"? She was really good in that too!

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

Yes, these are real interviews. If they weren't I'm sure the celebrity would be quick to point it out. I've interviewed several people and they are all real. You can find the links on their websites and stuff.

writerfluid SILVER, Tempe, Arizona

Greater good? I am your wife. I am the greatest good you are ever gonna get!

Yeah, seriously.  This article isn't even about Twilight, cuz it was written before Twilight even came out!  You say she is so terrible at the part, but she's a professional, so why don't you give her a break!?

Dragonscribe BRONZE, West Lafayette, Indiana

"A Person's a Person no Matter how Small"
and
"A Rose by Any Other Name Would Smell as Sweet"
and
"God helps those who help themselves"

yea...the Twilight books are okay, but the movies are terrible, and Kristen and Robert are really bad. They've been good in other movies, but in Twilight they stink. Kristen grunts to much, like "Edward, huh, I love you, huh" Like she had something stuck in her throat.

But then again, I'm not an actress and could never do what they're doing, so who am I to judge?