Actor - Kristen Stewart This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

At 16, Kristen Stewart is not afraid of intense roles, including Jodie Foster's daughter in “Panic Room,” the protagonist in “Speak,” and a troubled teen in “The Messengers.” This month, “In the Land of Women” opens with Kristen playing a teen dealing with high school, peer pressure, and a difficult relationship with her mother. The film also stars Meg Ryan and Adam Brody.

In “In the Land of Women,” you are a painter, but what are your real-life hobbies?

I read a lot of books, and I'm a writer. That's what I'm mainly into. I just love putting the words together. I'm really in love with words. I play guitar; I love going to shows. I'm kind of a homebody.

What is your favorite book?

I actually have two. I just finished Cannery Row by John Steinbeck, which was really intense. The other is The Stranger by Albert Camus, that was heavy.

You've worked with Jodie Foster and now Meg Ryan. How were those experiences?

So different. I was little when I worked with Jodie, so I wasn't taking notes. Just being around someone like that for months when you're so young and such a sponge ... she probably affected the way I work.

Jodie doesn't take things too seriously, she just acts. I mean, of course, she thinks about it, but Meg takes things very seriously - in the best way. You can tell she really cares about her work a lot, and that's really important.

In terms of acting styles, was it very different working with Meg, Adam and Makenzie Vega?

They were all so different. Working with Adam and Makenzie was a lot of fun, but my scenes with Meg were intense. There was a lot of tension between us, a lot of distance. I liked working with her; I felt we were both very satisfied with what came out. After a scene with Meg it was like, “Oh, we nailed it.”

What is your relationship with your mother like? Will your new movie help mothers and daughters better understand each other?

I'm really lucky, because I have a picture-perfect relationship with my parents. But I definitely see my friends in Lucy and her mom's relationship, I feel like that dynamic is very typical. This movie will open people's eyes.

How do you choose roles?

It's always different. The movies I've been interested in have been because of the prospect of working with the filmmaker and a certain director. Sometimes I'll do a movie because there are one or two scenes I really want to do, something that's different. I think it's important to do movies that are worth watching, something that makes you think.

If you weren't acting, what would you do?

I would want to write screenplays. But, if I had to have a practical job, if acting fell through, I couldn't imagine working anywhere but on a movie set. I would want to work in props or the art department.

What advice would you give others interested in acting?

If there is anything you really want to do, you have to give it a shot. Otherwise you're going to hold onto it forever and just regret it. You should have no regret.

People always ask actors for advice and it's like wow, you're asking us? I don't know how enlightening we can be. We're just people.

awesomeaugustThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 22, 2010 at 3:22 pm:
This is a really well composed interview, and ya, it's refreshign that no questiosn were asked regarding Twilight. Also, I felt like I learned a lot from reading this, whic is great when you can come away from reading something like, "Oh, cool." Props to you.

earlybird_8 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:33 pm :
This interview was from (around) two years before twilight came out. It makes sense that there wouldn't be any questions about a movie that hadn't been made yet.

Macx14 said...
Jul. 22, 2010 at 2:09 pm:
When she did the Twilight series, her character was very twitchy and annoying. I don't think that's her acting style, though. In Panic Room she did a great job.....what was she like in her other movies?Lol.

DifferentTeen replied...
Aug. 14, 2010 at 6:47 am :
I agree completely. I hated Bella's character and I think Kristen could have done a much better job. She was so akward and hesitant in everything she did. But in her other movies she was really good.

alexandrexis replied...
Jan. 11, 2011 at 9:33 pm :

..Bella is awkward and hesitant.

If you read the book you know that it's not bad acting, just a bad character.

foreverwelsh said...
Jul. 8, 2010 at 2:02 pm:

I luv the fact that this wasnt about twilight

really good article!

Juicygirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 30, 2010 at 12:23 pm:
Um, she says she likes to pick good roles and movies that make people think? Um, TWILIGHT? Adventureland...... Mhmm sure man. I kinda dislike her a lot. I find her annoying and pompus.

writer24/7/365 replied...
Jul. 24, 2010 at 5:22 pm :
No offense, but I just wondered, why did you read this if you don't like her?

nutmeg123 replied...
Nov. 25, 2010 at 4:52 pm :
yeah seriously... why would you read this article if you hate her so much? like, i saw the thing for the interview on Zach Efron (who i hate with a passion) and i just rolled my eyes and clicked on this one, beacause i do not have anything against Kristen Stewart. I just dont love the movies. like they say, dont hate the player, hate the game; or, in this case, dont hate the actor, hate the movie (or the character)

alexandrexis replied...
Jan. 12, 2011 at 4:16 pm :

Twilight makes people think a lot. xD 

It makes them think that submitting your entire self to one guy you don't know that well is not a good idea and that people should stand up for themselves, be individuals, and not feel like they have to change for who they love - when you watch Twilight, you DON'T want to be her character. :)

purpleink112 said...
Jun. 8, 2010 at 9:15 pm:
I love her! She's the one of the few celebrities who I think both looks and acts like a real person.

emilystar_bellacullen said...
Jun. 4, 2010 at 1:50 pm:

i DON'T THINK KRISTEN REALLY FITS INTO BELLA,SOMEHOW.rOB'S WAY VAMPISH AND HE'S MY FAVOURITE ACTOR.(I HAVE TO BEAR ROB-ADDICT INSULTS FROM MY MATES.)

BUT ROB CAN'T BE EDWARD.I MEAN,EDWARD'S SOMETHING ELSE.TWILIGHT'S MY FAVOURITE BOOK AND I JUST THINK IT CAN'T BE FILMED

mazzizzle11 replied...
Jun. 11, 2010 at 11:32 am :
Kristen cannot play bella she is horrible at it she does not know how to act the part and her nothing outburst actor performance ruins the movie 

JessieBecker replied...
Jun. 30, 2010 at 9:51 am :
I completely agree with both of you. but If you read the article, it wasn't really about Twilight, it was about Kristen's acting experiences. I agree that she's an outstanding actor for her age and she tries her best to be just like the Bella everyone expects her to be in the movies.

Let_It_Be replied...
Jul. 14, 2010 at 10:42 pm :
guys! u just ruined it! stop talking about twilight! thats one of the best things about this article! ITS NOT ON TWILIGHT!

JessieBecker replied...
Jul. 15, 2010 at 11:18 am :
lol. thank-you.(:

XxJACOB BLACKxX said...
Jun. 2, 2010 at 1:21 pm:

kristen,

i just want to say that I LOVE YOU!! i bet it was awesome working with Taylor Lautner and i luv you alot and tell him i luv him also! MY NAME IS GOBBER BOB!!

Lover ALG said...
May 25, 2010 at 8:04 am:
Kristen I want to say that I LOVE YOU...............

shelbywearsprada33 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Do you have proof that you actually did the interview? I pasted this into the plagiarism checker and I believe you stole this.

izsings96 replied...
Apr. 28, 2010 at 10:27 am :
i checked this too and I found no proof that they stole this.