Skier, Chris Anthony | Teen Ink

Skier, Chris Anthony

By TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

Chris Anthony is a champion skier, who has used to talents to help the Warren Miller Film Team. He has been featured in several documentaries the film team has made. He's the co-host of "Camp of the Superstars" in Chile, as well as working with various other projects.

I was recently given the opportunity to interview Mr. Anthony for Teen Ink.

Rachel- Tell us about yourself.

Chris Anthony- Colorado native and longtime Vail resident. I travel as an athlete and on-screen personality with Warren Miller Film Team.

RH- How did you first become interested in skiing?

CA- My parents started me at 18 months old. They were skiers in Crested Butte.

RH- What was your role with the Warren Miller Film Team?

CA- I have been an athlete in the films for the past 22 years. I have also been an emcee for the film tour for over 16 years.

RH- What is your fondest memory from that time?

CA- Standing on top of a mountain above the Arctic Circle in Norway in the middle of the night.

RH- You traveled frequently with the WMFT and for Camp of the Superstars; where has been your favorite place to visit?

CA- I love everywhere, as each place has something unique to it. But Australia is really cool!

RH- Did you ever try out for the Olympics?

CA- I was an Alpine racer for many years with the intention to make it to the Olympics. I made it to the World Cup level.

RH- What has been your greatest accomplishment in your career?

CA- Winning a day at the World Extreme Skiing championships and skiing a World Cup.

RH- How did the concept of the Youth Initiative Project come about?

CA- I wanted to give back something to the community. I feel you can make the greatest changes through the youth.

RH- Do you still ski now?

CA- 1000% I do. Better than ever...

RH- How else do you spend your time?

CA- Training and working and training and working.

RH- Who are your favorite athletes?

CA- Michael Jordan, Tony Hawk, Brett Favre, Bode Miller, Lindsey Vonn, Andy Mill and Shane McConkey.

RH- What advice do you have for aspiring athletes?

CA- Never give up, and follow your dreams. But you may have to adapt a bit to make it happen. Or something happen. Just keep going.