Actor Johnny Knoxville | Teen Ink

Actor Johnny Knoxville

“Is Johnny Knoxville, one of the funniest guys in comedy, going to come crashing down in His movies now that his friend is gone? Or is he going to finish his life
continuing to be successful and live happily with his family?”

After seeing many of Johnny Knoxville’s movies, and asinine stunts, many may say that his humor is written in a script, but no, he has been a funny daredevil in and out of his movies, even when he was a kid.
Johnny’s Dad, Phil Clapp, mechanic, and owner of Clapp’s Tire Store, was a real good practical joker. Johnny soon took over his dads sarcastic, odd, and prankster personality. Knoxville, the 24/7 center of attention, did some harsh stuff to his friends in high school, such as giving them Ex-Lax milkshakes.
Owner of Dickhouse Productions, and the star of many movies, such as his own Jackass, Johnny Knoxville, at the age of thirteen, had gotten into his school’s grading system, and changed his grades from straight A’s, to all F’s, and left it for his parents to find.. He also graduated high school with straight A’s, and had gotten up in front of the whole school during a pep rally and lip sang the same song that Ferris Bueler did on top of the float in Ferris Bueler's Day Off, and was even dancing and acting out the parts which may have helped him get a scholarship to the American Academy of Dramatic Arts, in Pasadena, California.

Johnny’s fans love his movies, but since his best friend of many, many years died, they have said that he is 134 percent less funny without Ryan Dunn. He played in many movies with Ryan, including Jackass, as himself, The Dudesons in America, Viva La Bam, and Nitro Circus. But not all of Knoxville’s movies are with Ryan Dunn; he also played in Men In Black II, as Scrad/Charlie, Coyote Ugly, as the college guy, Life Without Dick, as Dick Rasmusson, Walking Tall, as Ray Templeton, Dukes Of Hazzard, as Luke Duke, and even one episode of Family Guy as himself. There is a lot more movies he played in, but those were the more popular ones he has starred in.

Johnny is more comfortable with being a friend instead of a lover, but that doesn’t stop him from exploring his options. He was divorced once, after 11 years (1995) of marriage to Melanie Clapp, with a 10 year old named Madison who was born in 1996, from Melanie. They separated in July of 2006, Knoxville filed for divorce on July 3, 2007, and were legally divorced in July of 2009. He is now living happily with his new wife Naomi Nelson since September 24, 2010. They are already parents of little Rocko Akira Clapp who was born in December 20, 2006, and they are expecting another baby in Fall of 2011.

Born on March 11, 1971, Johnny Knoxville, also known as Phillip John Clapp, his birth name, or P.J at home by his family, was born in Knoxville, Tennessee, and seems to get caught off guard for the most ridiculous things. Johnny was performing a stunt for Nitro Circus, and landed wrong on his bike, -- the handle bar went between his legs -- and tore his urethra and having to flush it twice daily. This was done by sticking a tube, from his genitals, to his bladder, which is about 10 inches long, it also helped prevent scar tissue from forming. Knoxville was also detained at an airport while trying to go to the set of a show, because the luggage check found a grenade in his bags, which turned out to be a prop for his show, which was his assistants fault for “hiding” it in his bags.
Johnny Knoxville’s thick-headed ideas are probably one of the top things people like about him. Most people, like Knoxville, claim “It’s a real primal thing, watching someone get hurt. It’s funny, and accessible.”(“Johnny Knoxville Quotes”) Some of his more idiotic stunts include being in a fire-retardant suit and lighting himself on fire just to cook some meat, having Shaquille O’Neal dry-humping Wee-Man, shooting himself with a taser gun, pepper spray, and a stun gun, decided to have Steve-O swallow a goldfish, and puke it back up, played tetherball with a beehive, and pulling a tooth with a Lamborghini, waxing his chest hair with super glue.

The skills he has to pull the funniest random things out of his butt, also attracts people, creating his own place in the world. His crazy disgusting stunts, horrify, and entertain is audience. Days after his movies hit the DVD’s, he has one of the years top selling movies.

Keep on Truckin’ Johnny!