My Brother | Teen Ink

My Brother

By CaitlynH SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
CaitlynH SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

" If you can think it, do it".

My Brother is the most annoying thing that has ever happened to me. I said one day to my friends. I regretted saying that many times,I still  do sometimes. There has been many times that where I wish he wasn’t in my life, but then again he still helps me.

Once my brother was being annoying and I was very irritated with him, but then the next day day there was this guy who was bothering me and then my brother came up to him and told the guy to leave me alone or my dad will be involved after school. The guy left and never spoke to me ever since. I was very surprised but also relieved. I couldn’t believe it at first but then I realized it, my brother helped me.

There was another time when we were arguing over something stupid. I didn’t talk to him for about an hour. Then, we went outside for a bike ride to get fresh air. In the middle of the ride, I ran over a stick and fell over. I was in pain,my arm was bruised from the elbow down to the wrist. But, guess who helped me up and took me home….,my brother, I was very happy because I had someone to help me home so I didn’t have to do it alone.

One other time was when school started again,I was in a new school because we had to move but , that’s not the point,  the point is that, I got bullied a lot in 8th grade. I didn’t want to tell anyone but, my brother found out and told the principal and our parents. I was mad at first but when i realized that he helped me through it I was amazed and felt loved by my brothers help.

See, brothers may be annoying, get on your nerves, and push you around but, there are times when they will help you when you need it and when they think you need it. I told myself that everytime my brother helped me. I still do, and every single time I am amazed and confused when he helps me. I love my brother so much and I am glad to call him my brother, sometimes.

This is my personal feelings about my brother and what he did for me.