Wishful Thoughts | Teen Ink

Wishful Thoughts

By ellie456 BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana
ellie456 BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana

Music has always played an important role in my life.Over the years though, a few songs have meant very much to me, both in childhood and now. In this essay, I will explain these songs and what their meaning is to me. These songs include “Swing Low, Sweet Chariot”, “Wishes”, “Sorry Not Sorry”, and “Sweet Caroline.”

Since I was born, music has always been a big part of my life, but two songs definitely stuck with me all these years. “Swing Low, Sweet Chariot”, which is a traditional American spiritual is special to me because whenever I would go see my grandfather, papaw, he would always sing this song to my cousins and I before we left. He passed away this year, so whenever I hear this song, I always think of him. It reminds me that one day I will hopefully be lifted to heaven and have eternal life. The next song is “Wishes” by an unknown artist, which used to be played during the Disney World firework display. It has a very special meaning to me because when I was younger, I basically lived at Disney World and we would always end our nights watching the firework show, where this song was played throughout the whole park. Whenever I think of this song, I think of the many adventures I had going to Disney World with my entire family and all the fun we had. Now everytime I hear these songs I remember all the fun memories I made during my childhood.